THE FOLLOWING PLANETS AND LUMINARIES ARE CONSIDERED ESSENTIAL TO ALL ASTROLOGICAL SYSTEMS.
WHAT EACH PLANET AND LUMINARY SYMBOLIZES. FOR THE SIMPLICITY SAKE I HAVE EXCLUDED CHIRON AND THE LUNAR NODES.
Your essential self, life energy, purpose, creativity, where and how you shine, your ego.
Your emotions, security, your mother, home, family, roots, the past.
Your mind, communication, thought processes, variety.
Love, beauty, balance, relationships.
Your will and what you desire.
Expansion, confidence, progress
Your major life lessons, ambition, your father, your life’s work, restriction, authority.
Individuality, breaking the mold, rebellion, explosions
Self-sacrifice, transcending ego, spirituality, inner lie, inspiration, dreams, art, confusion.
Power, control, transformation.
EACH PLANET HAS MEANING AND IS ASSOCIATED WITH ONE ASTROLOGICAL SIGN AND ONE ASTROLOGICAL HOUSE. NOTICE THAT MERCURY AND VENUS EACH RULE TWO HOUSES AND TWO SIGNS.
MARS RULES THE 1ST HOUSE AND THE SIGN OF ARIES
VENUS RULES THE SECOND HOUSE AND THE SIGNS OF TAURUS
MERCURY RULES THE THIRD HOUSE AND THE SIGN OF GEMINI
THE MOON RULES THE FOURTH HOUSE AND THE SIGN OF CANCER
THE SUN RULES THE FIFTH HOUSE AND THE SIGN OF LEO
MERCURY RULES THE SIXTH HOUSE AND THE SIGN OF VIRGO
VENUS RULES THE SEVENTH HOUSE AND THE SIGN OF LIBRA
PLUTO RULES THE EIGHTH HOUSE AND THE SIGN OF SCORPIO
JUPITER RULES THE NINTH HOUSE AND THE SIGN OF SAGITTARIUS
SATURN RULES THE TENTH HOUSE AND THE SIGN OF CAPRICORN
URANUS RULES THE ELEVENTH HOUSE AND THE SIGN OF AQUARIUS
NEPTUNE RULES THE TWELFTH HOUSE AND THE SIGN OF NEPTUNE
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER REQUIRES THAT YOU CONSIDER BOTH THE MEANING OF EACH PLANET AND ITS HOUSE PLACEMENT.
HERE ARE A FEW EXAMPLES OF HOW ASTROLOGERS INTERPRET:
If the Sun is place in the 6th house we know that this person will shine at work.
If Venus is placed in the twelfth house we know that this person will love spending time alone day dreaming or submerged in his inner life.
If the Moon is placed in the 7th house we know that this person will seek security within his primary relationship.
If Mercury is placed in the first house we know that this person will talk mainly about himself and his own ideas.
TESTING YOUR KNOWLEDGE. THE ANSWERS ARE AT THE END. KNOWING THE MEANING OF EACH HOUSE IS IMPORTANT.
1. Where would you expect to find Jupiter if someone were very confident in his ability to manage finances.
2. Where would you expect to find the Sun if someone was an inspired artist.
3. Where would you expect to find Mars if someone was insistent on impressing their will on their children.
4. Where would you expect to find Mercury if someone is known for jumping from one love affair to another.
5. Where would you expect to find Pluto if someone was in the habit of controlling conversations.
6. Where would you expect to find Venus if someone loves foreign travel.
7. Where would you expect to find the Moon if someone felt most secure socializing mainly with family members.
8. Where would you expect to find Saturn if someone was an authority in the area of group dynamics.
9. Where would you expect to find Neptune if someone seemed perpetually confused about his life direction.
10. Where would you expect to find Uranus if someone makes a habit of rebelling against authority.
1) 2nd house 2) 12th house 3) 5th house 4) 5th house 5) 3rd house 6) 9th house 7) 4th house 8) 11th house 9)10th house 10) 10th house